A Learning Process VI: Letting Go
Life is many things. Life is a pile of sand, a large collection of grains of different shapes and sizes. Life is my loved ones, watching my sisterS grow, from tiny toddlers to bratty rascals to beautiful masterpieces. Life is my family, happy and peaceful, framed in perfect bronze with intricate heraldry designs. Life is finding the one you love, and reminiscing the times of bliss, wild sweethearts, cheesy poems and promised dreams. Life is good times, good food, good company; great friends seated in a circle, playing games and drinking bubble tea playfully under the night blanket of stars. Life is emotions, the joy of laughter and the winter sadness, burning fire of fury and the cavernous loneliness of night.
Life is many things,
But maybe it is about time I let go of it all...
Fall back on everything You've done
Fall back on everlasting arms
When all the world is swept away
You are all the things I need
You're the air I breathe
I love You more than life
I love You more than life
Well, it is pretty obvious to all but just today I realized the gravity of man's helplessness. There are many things we can't control, but our fighting spirit spurs us on. We live in a never-ending motion of striving and hard-work, we try to make things better with our hands, we try to speak sense with our tongues and we keep our hearts busy with tiresome worry and fear; we give our all. But still, it lies in the cruel hands of the Unknown. I guess everyone has to come to a breaking point or a time where they want to give it all up. Or maybe it was ordained for us to fail and lose hope already, because what chances are they when we make deals with the great unknown force of 'Fate' and 'Time' with our human efforts and sweat?
We can do many things,
But not all things.
So maybe, it is about time we let go of it all... to God.
Life is many things,
But maybe it is about time I let go of it all...
Fall back on everything You've done
Fall back on everlasting arms
When all the world is swept away
You are all the things I need
You're the air I breathe
I love You more than life
I love You more than life
Well, it is pretty obvious to all but just today I realized the gravity of man's helplessness. There are many things we can't control, but our fighting spirit spurs us on. We live in a never-ending motion of striving and hard-work, we try to make things better with our hands, we try to speak sense with our tongues and we keep our hearts busy with tiresome worry and fear; we give our all. But still, it lies in the cruel hands of the Unknown. I guess everyone has to come to a breaking point or a time where they want to give it all up. Or maybe it was ordained for us to fail and lose hope already, because what chances are they when we make deals with the great unknown force of 'Fate' and 'Time' with our human efforts and sweat?
We can do many things,
But not all things.
So maybe, it is about time we let go of it all... to God.

<< Home